Texas Rising Star Provider Certification
The Gulf Coast Workforce Board supports early education and care quality improvement through funding for Collaborative for Children to administer Texas Rising Star certifications in the 13-county Houston-Galveston region of Texas. Together with its operating affiliate Workforce Solutions, the Board is committed to enhancing and raising the quality of service to both the current and future workforce.
Our expert assessors and mentors can help you apply, prepare for and attain Texas Rising Star certification, or help you move up to a new star level. Call us at 713.600.1181 or email us.
WHEN YOU'RE TEXAS RISING STAR CERTIFIED:
- Receive increased subsidy reimbursements and free resources and training
- Attract more families looking for high-quality child care
- Help children reach their full potential
Keep your TRS certification current. Apply for recertification NOW!
Thank you for your interest in continuing your journey as a TRS provider!
If your TRS certification is nearing the end of its three-year certification cycle, you will need to submit a TRS application at least three months prior to the end of your certification to avoid a lapse in your current benefits.
The recertification assessment is a full assessment of all the classrooms. All required and all point-based measures will be assessed during the scheduled assessment.
Your recertification star level will be determined based on the information collected during this new assessment. You may lose, increase or maintain the star-level rating.
The three-year certification cycle resets once the recertification assessment is completed.
You will receive a new assessment report and TRS certificate during the recertification result visit.
Please complete all application documents as listed below:
- TRS Re-Certification Application
- TRS Screening Form
- TRS Site Data Form
- TRS Facility Assessment Form (not required for nationally accredited providers)
- Two Document Checklists for required and point-based measures (not required for nationally accredited providers) - Can be found at the bottom of the TRS Facility Assessment Form.
- Early Certification Request (only applicable if you are requesting to be assessed prior to the month of your recertification)
Providers should submit all completed forms to email@example.com.
Contact your assigned TRS mentor for support when preparing for the recertification assessment.
If you are interested in scheduling the recertification assessment prior to the last month of the three-year cycle end date, please complete and submit the early certification request form found on this page along with the completed TRS application.
Note: Nationally accredited TRS providers are required to submit a complete application prior to the end of the three-year certification cycle in order to renew TRS certification. If you are an accredited provider, please provide a copy of your accreditation certificate.